Monday, February 19, 2007

President's Day

So, welcome to the great holiday of President's Day. No parades, no cool cartoon specials, but a lot of car deals... go figure.

So yeah, another weekend has passed us to bring us this day off (no complaints here). The weekend went by very well, I think? Saturday was relaxing; we were up at 8 to be prepared to lead the worship practice for Sunday at 10am. The practice went extremely well, i am so impressed every day by the talent and hearts of the band I get to work with. After the practice, Amanda and I ended up going to see "Ghost Rider" at the nearby theater, it was frigging awesome. We left the movie very satisfied and impressed, and were glad to be one of many who helped the movie gross as the top movie of the weekend. Next, we headed home and played with the puppy, and shoveled the driveway, again (we love the snow!). We ended up going to bed pretty early since we were going to be up even earlier to have a last-minute practice at 8am before 1st service (we were only leading 2nd service this time). Well, being tired, not eating sure kills my voice, so for myself, the practice didn't seem the best; let's just say I was excited for the chance to get home, eat something change and rest my voice with some hot teas.


Sunday, 2nd Service, 11am. From where I was leading Worship, all seemed to go A-OK, but when i looked into the ones Worshiping, it was a different story. They just were not participating as they have before. Some sang, some stood there and stared at the band. I know we played a few new songs, but this was just a very empty time for them, and I did not know what to do except pray as I worshiped. It was very hard, like walking through mud, or deep snow. By the end of the service, I was very tired. As a worship leader, I am leading people into Worshiping God, did I fail? I found through some friends, that the sound was not mixed well, and during the last set before dismissing, my voice was not very audible. I don't know, I could blame technology, but was it more of me than the sound techs? It is during these moments, that I know what God has called us to do, but I just want to lay my weapon of Worship (guitar/voice) down and take a break from it all. I know I can't. How can I better worship my King? How can I be more open and available for Him to use me as He chooses?

So today, I just reflect as my wife and I enjoy this day together. We didn't even roll out of bed until 11, we watched "Little Miss Sunshine," which was an adorable movie. As we just spent that time in each others arms, I just wanted to stay there forever, loving her and being loved. We haven't talked about yesterday at all, mostly because I forbade it right after we left church (due to I felt so weak and wanted to solve this on my own). Today, i think we ma talk more and pray about it and just seek Him through His Word and through Worship (however that may be acted out - song, silence).

Well, till next time my friends, whomever and wherever you are.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I'm sure my sis Linda could give you some advice...we've discussed this at our leader discipleship meetings. Sometimes you just have days where its like slugging through mud. All you can do is pray and keep going. Hope you enjoyed your day off.