Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Finally, a new post!

So, yeah, it's been awhile my friends! Sorry for the delayed posting, we have had quite the stress the past few weeks and month.

First off, my grandfather in Connecticut is slowly dying. He does know the Lord. As of right now, he is unable to hear or walk and his feet are turning black. He is 81 years old. Much stress in upon my family, especially my grandmother. She is unable to take care of him due to her failing health and now her depression as he gets worse. Right now he is in a rehab home, and their medic-care will only pay for 20 days in the home - beyond that is $100/day ut of my grandmothers pocket. She cannot afford that, so y father has hired them a lawyer to make sure their home is untouchable (which has worked) and her their savings (in progress), or else they will be broke in a few months time; if my grandfather is alive that long. The prayer is now that the Lord will take him home and away from the pain and silence.

Second, my wife has found out that she does need surgery for an unmentioned (as in I know, God knows and family knows) reason and there are a plethora of "ifs' and "ands" that can come out of it; especially on the subject of us having a child. So please pray for her and I, since for me as a husband, I want to do everything I can (beyond prayer) to help her and be there for her and that is hard when all you can do is trust the Lord and pray.

Third, for me as I have been looking for a job to support my family with so we can no longer be a one-income family. As we all know, unless you are a Worship Pastor, leading Worship does not bring any pay; well that is me. I have been going to school as well as a few hours here and there at my friends Greek restaurant. It just has not been enough for us. So, I had an interview with a company last week that is contracted by the US Government for a job I have 7 years experience in. They want me! So, after a year out of the career field I was int he Air Force, I am hopefully going to be back on the saddle again and bringing home the proverbial bacon for my wife! The prayer is since I have not used my security clearance in just about a year, they need to check into it to reactivate and see what they need to do (if I need to do paperwork, etc); that the Lord's hand would be in the midst of that so my job can be official and I can head my happy butt back into the workforce and a job I truly enjoy doing.

So, as you can see, it's been a crazy few months for us. Love you all and thanks for your prayers, and oh yeah, pray and tell Rachel and Nathan to get their butts over for a visit, haha!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

In case you can't tell I'm snowed in. Yeah for the update!!! We're praying for ya'll. My hubby has a blog too! :)

palmtreefanatic said...

Happy to see a new post! YEAH! sorry to hear about the bad news! I will be praying....